Job Title: Camp Program Counselor
Application Deadline: March 17
Duration: May 1 to August 31
Job Summary: We are seeking applicants to join our collaborative team of Program Counselors for the summer season. As a Program Counselor, you will be responsible for developing programming in Catholic education, land-based and Indigenous education, leadership/team-building activities, and the arts (music/crafts). The main aspect of the role is to ensure a safe, fun, and engaging experience for our campers.
- Develop and implement programming containing the teaching of Christian values, principles and morality in a manner that is not totally lectionary, but in the form of interesting and enjoyable activities, talks, games or skits that appeal to the campers.
- Help staff and campers develop and strengthen their faith through Catholic education.
- Plan and lead land-based and Indigenous educational activities to foster an understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for campers.
- Assist in supervising campers during all activities, meals, and free time.
- Manage behaviour and enforce camp rules and policies.
- Serve as a positive role model for campers, exhibiting professionalism, maturity, and responsibility.
- Plan and lead staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Provide feedback to the Executive Director regarding program development, camper needs, and staff performance.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in education, recreation, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role at a summer camp or similar program.
- Knowledge of Catholic education, land-based & Indigenous education, leadership & team-building activities, and music & arts & crafts.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to manage behaviour and enforce camp rules and policies.
- Certification in first aid and CPR (or willingness to obtain certification prior to the start of the summer season)
If you are passionate about working with children and youth, have experience developing and implementing programming in Catholic leadership development, and are looking for a fun and rewarding summer job, please apply today!