Blackstrap Youth Camp’s top priority is the health and saftey of its staff as well as its campers. For this reason, we have implemented some new rules and procedures for the 2021 summer in order to keep everyone happy and healthy!
- Campers can expect to be placed in a dorm with 7 other campers of the same age and gender and be supervised by 1-2 counselors of the same gender!
- According to the current government guidelines, each dorm of 8 campers and their staff will be considered a “cohort”. 2m distance must be kept between cohorts.
- Campers will be required to wear masks while in any indoor spaces such as the gym, mess hall, rec hall etc.
- Communal spaces will be limited to one cohort at a time unless 2m distance can be maintained between cohorts.
- Communal items such as art supplies, gym equipment will be disinfected in between cohorts.
- Campers will be sanitizing/washing hands upon entry or exit between buildings.
- Counselors will maintain a sanitizing schedule for all high-touch surfaces within the dorm (doorknobs, lightswitches, ladders etc.)
- It is recommended that campers continue to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 after they return home from Camp. In the case that your child tests positive for COVID-19, please notify SHA that your child attended Camp.
Cancellation due to COVID-19
If your child came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or if your child tests positive for COVID-19, do not bring your child to camp. Please call us to inform us of your situation and we can discuss next steps. If there is space left in another week of camp dated after the end of your child’s isolation period, your camper will have the option to transfer into a new week. If that option is not available, refund options will be discussed.